How to download and install DayZRP
Non Steam Version
Download latest version of DayZRP mod from here and extract it to your ArmA2:OA folder (where you have your @DayZ folder). If you are updating and have a previous version already there, delete the entire old @DayZRP folder before extracting the new one.
Now, connect to the server using one of the following methods:
Use DayZRP Launcher
Use a premade .bat or a shortcut similar to this:
Use DayZ Commander, open settings, at "DayZ Directory" check "Override" and modify the path from "[...]\@DayZ" to "[...]\@DayZRP". Use the button "Launch DayZ" and join RP1 by finding in the server browser.
If you will want to join normal DayZ server again, you will only have to uncheck "Override DayZ Directory", program will automatically use @DayZ folder.
Download the following from Steam
- ArmA II
- ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead
- ArmA II: Private Military Company
- ArmA II: British Armed Forces
Alternatively, you can download one of the following
- ArmA II: Combined Operations (includes ArmA II and ArmA II: OA)
- ArmA II: Complete Edition (includes ArmA II, ArmA II: OA, PMC, BAF and a third expansion, Army of the Czech Republic)
Also download the following
- The latest beta patch (in the green bar). You can check what the minimum version is you need here. Alternatively, you can download it from Steam.
- The latest DayZRP mod
- The DayZRP Launcher
If you haven't registered yet, also download the
Install ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead via Steam. Run the latter at least once before proceeding.
Extract the ARMA2_OA_Build_xxxxxx.exe from the beta patch folder and install it. Alternatively, you can install the beta patch via Steam.
Extract the DayZRP mod and put the @DayZRP folder in C:\Program Files x86\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ (exact location may vary).
- Extract the DayZ mod and put the @DayZ folder in the same location as the @DayZRP folder.
- Find and write down your PlayerID and GUID first. Instructions can be found in the links.
Step 3b (optional)
Install ArmA II: British Armed Forces and ArmA II: Private Military Company via Steam. Run one of them at least once.
Launch the DayZRP Launcher and join one of the servers. Alternatively, you can join by filtering "dayzrp.com" in the server list of ArmA II: OA or search for a specific server by clicking "remote" and entering the IP and port that can be found on the homepage.
Make sure you have @DayZRP enabled in the expansions menu in-game if you're not using the DayZRP Launcher.
You are now ready to play DayZRP!
Extra step 1 Download and install TeamSpeak 3 to use as an in-game radio. Address: ts.dayzrp.com. Password: dayzrp.
Extra step 2 Follow these steps to set-up and install the DayZRP IRC chat with HexChat.
Need any help?
If you can't find your answer there, you can
- Ask for help on TeamSpeak
- Ask for help in the IRC chat
- PM a Community Helper
- or make a thread in the Troubleshooting section
Last Edited By: Dawn 00:06, 25 August 2013 (CEST)